Monday, May 13, 2013

Walk everywhere


I can't imagine what it feels like to live in a vile place where driving is the just way to get places. Walking is the common thing to do here in New York. Whenever I have gone to places where you have to sit inside of a car for long amounts of time I just feel incredibly fed up about it. There's nothing like a good walk to take the weight off of your mind. This is the most splendid way for getting some nice fresh air. I constantly come up with new ideas. And you see so countless different things.

When you walk you never know what it is you're going to discover. You might discover a coffee shop you've never seen. There isn't the same chance for such discovery when you're in a car.

The bad thing about growing up in a walking city is that I never learned how to drive. It's a skill that I never really needed. As much as I detest being inside of cars, I do feel like driving is a life skill that everybody should have. If I ever live anywhere else I'm not going to be able to go anywhere unless the public transportation is fantastic.

I have all the time in the world to learn how to drive, but I do feel like being older is going to make it more difficult to learn. I want to learn how to do it some time. Although after spending money on driving lessons I still have nothing to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment